Our client is a 600+ bed not for profit hospital in Northern IN right on the Indiana/Michigan Border. Within driving distance of Chicago, Detroit and Lake Michigan. Join this quickly growing system in a low cost of living area.
- Manages the sterile preparation, distribution and storage of surgical supplies and equipment. Manages, organizes and administers assigned associates and department resources and processes. Ensures smooth interaction between Sterile Processing, Surgery and other departments. Ensures optimal sterile processing performance; through quality control and quality assurance of all Sterile Processing activities and equipment. Monitors and reports equipment operational status. Recommends equipment changes, upgrades and additions to meet manufacturers’ instructions for use (IFU) for all items processed. Assures departmental standards of operation and policies are in compliance with regulatory and professional agencies, including but not limited to CMS, TCJ, AAMI, AORN, APIC.
- Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree.
- 3+ years of experience in process management and/or inventory management, preferably utilizing LEAN, 5S or related methodologies.
- Prior management experience in a related material processing. Bachelor’s degree is in business, manufacturing, healthcare administration, public health, health sciences is preferred or 5 to 10 years’ experience in an acute care Level 1 or Level 2 trauma hospital.
- Current Sterile Processing Technician certification (CRCST) or Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) required.
- Knowledge & Skills
- Requires knowledge and skills related to processes including LEAN, 5S concepts and project management.
- Must have or obtain a thorough knowledge of decontamination, preparation, sterilization, packaging and distribution of sterile and non-sterile surgical supplies, equipment and instruments for the Sterile Processing Department.
- Demonstrates well developed managerial and leadership skills and labor relations knowledge necessary to organize and direct the personnel and activities necessary to ensure the effective and safe processing and handling of sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment.
- Requires analytical skills necessary to effectively evaluate department needs and inventory reports and prepare materials and operating budgets.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills to establish and maintain effective relationships with staff, management, user departments, etc.
- Demonstrates well developed communication skills, both verbal and written to articulate ideas clearly and concisely with staff and user departments.
- Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) certification required within one year of hire.
- Education and Experience